Why rent the Art Gym? Why not is the question. You can rent the Art Gym space for a small private gathering like a birthday party or a family reunion, or you could rent it for a staff retreat or to teach your own class. There are so many ways we are willing to share our fabulous space with you and the community. Please read the information below. If you have more questions please send us a inquiry by completing the above form.
Springfield Art Gym Request & Rental Agreement
- RENTAL Price: $50 for 2 hour use of the Art Gym which includes the use of tables, chairs, and art tools such as scissors, cutting boards, pencils, paint brushes, easels, paint pallets, art books, CD player, and other non-consumables, unless otherwise stated. If you wish to use consumable art materials such as paint, markers, glue, paper, etc… there is an additional $5 charge per person. Please submit a list of materials you may be interested in using. We will select items and have them out on our art table for your use the day of the event. Please Arrive 10 minutes prior to the start of your event so that you can utilize the full two hours. Rental time includes clean-up time, please be mindful of when wrapping up your event.
- Facilitated Event: If you would like to have a planned art activity/class during your event please share your ideas and/or interests and we will match you with a facilitator to coordinate the activity. An art project facilitated by an Art Gym volunteer is an extra charge and can cost and extra $20-$80, price varies due to class size, materials needed, and is set by the facilitator.
- Registering: Request should be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org , or a message sent on Facebook, 10 days prior to the date requesting. The rental amount must be made in full, in the form of check made out to Springfield Art Gym, which may be mailed to 62 Clinton Street or dropped off during Open Hours. You may also choose to pay by credit card and a PayPal invoice sent to you via e-mail once your request is approved. Payment must be sent 7 days prior to date requesting and is non-refundable. You will receive confirmation that your requested date is approved or denied no later than 2 working days after your request is submitted via e-mail. Cancellations must be made 14 days prior to your event to receive a refund. You may reschedule your event one time and must request to do so no later than two days prior to your event.
- Art Gym Volunteer: The Art Gym is run by volunteers. A volunteer will be available the day of your event should you have any questions or requests. Please be mindful of starting and end your event on time. Art Gym volunteers agree to be at the Art Gym 10 minutes prior to, and at the end, of your event.
- Cleaning: The space must be left in the condition you found it before you leave. Please wash the tables and sweep the floor. Make sure all supplies are put away and tools are properly cleaned.
- Trash: please bring your own trash bag. We do not have a trash removal at the Art Gym. We have a “CARRY IN, CARRY OUT” policy.
- Alcohol: no one under the age of 21 is permitted to drink alcohol in the Art Gym. The person signing the rental agreement is responsible for the behavior of those invited to the space.
- Age: no one under the age of 21 will be granted permission to rent the Springfield Art Gym.
- BOOKING: We will e-mail you this information and a request form that asks for more detailed information at your request. please complete an inquiry form above if you are interested in booking the Art Gym.